CARDIOSCOPE Project - Joint Network for Management of Cardiovascular Diseases in CBC region Romania-Moldova
CARDIOSCOPE aims to strengthen the management of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in the cross-border region of Iasi-Ungheni by implementing an integrated framework of screening, monitoring and personalized therapy for the population living in Iasi County and Ungheni County by the end of 2020, to improve prevention, detection and treatment of CVDs.
Developing and implementing a common screening program for early detection of CVD. CARDIOSCOPE designs a joint screening and monitoring program with the purpose of early detection and prevention of CVD pathologies for the population located in the cross-border area. The screening program will be carried out by analyzing the main risk factors for the citizens in these areas, in order to early identify the markers for the disease and the response to the therapy. The traditional approach to cardiovascular disease prevention involves identifying risk factors that are linked to statistical disease, but not necessarily biological ones.
It consists in improving the early detection of cardiovascular diseases by developing facilities, procedures and protocols for screening, monitoring and personalized therapy. The CARDISCOPE project will improve the health conditions for the citizens of Iași county and Ungheni county by equipping some medical facilities and developing standardized procedures, protocols and primary care services, which will contribute to the early detection and prevention of cardiovascular diseases. The experts employed by the project consortium will build a set of medical protocols and a model of primary care services for the management of cardiovascular diseases which, first of all, will improve the health conditions of the citizens, being more productive and more active in the labor market. At the same time, it contributes to reducing healthcare costs, as it implements an integrated set of screening and monitoring actions that reduce CVD risks - prevention, early diagnosis and treatment.
Raising public awareness about the prevention and pathology of CVD. Prevention activities, as well as the purpose of educational actions aim to raise awareness of the most harmful habits and behavioral effects (smoking, fats, harmful foods) on health and, in particular, their correlation with the possibility of developing a cardiovascular disease. Medical practice, as well as research studies (University of Wisconsin Madison - 2011) have shown that screening and monitoring programs for early detection of CVD are not effective without prevention and changes in patient behavior (smoking, alcohol, unhealthy diet, etc.)
CARDIOSCOPE creates a common cross-border network that will extend the effects of the project (medical protocols, screening and monitoring program, training program, best practices for prevention and early detection) and that ensures the sustainability, transferability and replicability of project results from other CBC regions.
- Developing a risk evaluation methodology
- A database of cardiovascular diseases composed of medical data and the parameters of the investigated patients;
- Developing an institutional agreement as a framework strategy for governance, ownership and use of project results to improve the management of cardiovascular disease in the regions where the project will be carried out;
- Development of 2 medical protocols for screening and 1 for monitoring;
- Designing a training program - for 100 doctors from Ungheni County - which will include the curriculum and webinar version of the modules of courses dedicated to the increase of knowledge and skills;
- Designing a training program for 200 nurses in Iași and Ungheni County;
- Implementation of a common screening and monitoring program for 1000 patients from Iasi and Ungheni County for early detection and therapy of cardiovascular diseases in the project region;
- A manual for the prevention and early detection of cardiovascular diseases;
- Purchase of equipment, realization of a model of primary care services and medical protocols for performing patient-centered management of care services. The aim is to better respond to the needs of patients, emergencies and improve the quality of primary therapy;
- A common strategy for cardiovascular disease management;
This material was produced with the financial support of the European Union. The content is solely the responsibility of The Order of Nurses, Midwives and Medical Assistants in Romania Iasi Branch / Public Medical Sanitary Institution the Ungheni Region Hospital and cannot be considered, under any circumstances, as reflecting the position of the European Union or the Joint Operational Program Romania - Republic of Moldova 2014-2020.